“Teaching means to use experience and expertise to help students develop and enrich their very own personalities and artistry” –Leonid Sintsev – (URSS music competition winner, former piano pedagogue at Saint Petersburg Conservatory, founder of the Rubinstein Piano Foundation and my professor and mentor)
I’m a professional pianist with 10+ years experience in teaching lessons to kids, children and adults. I like to provide an enthusiastic, creative and enjoyable environment for all kinds of people. Young musicians who want to develop their talent and professionalism. Kids whose parents just want to introduce them to the music world and have fun while learning the instrument. And also adults who want to sit at the piano, be able to play a relaxing melody and keep their joy of music alive.
Maria Teresa’s Piano Studio is now established in San Diego, CA. The Studio has a great Yamaha C7 grand piano.
My methodology depends on your individuality. I believe that the approach to each student should be unique, as student’s interests are always taken into consideration. In general, my method is a carefully balanced combination of joyful music making and discipline required for playing the piano based on the traditional method of Russian piano pedagogy that taps all the important aspects of playing piano early on. I believe in providing my students with a strong musical foundation. Fundamentals such as posture, technique, and expression are of the most importance and should never be ignored. From the first lesson, my students and I work on developing good habits in these areas as well as learning self-sufficiency and independent thinking.
Another area I want my students to excel at is reading. The ability to read music quickly and effectively will help the student learn music on their own, furthering and maintaining their enjoyment and ability to play music even after lessons have stopped.
I think that performance is a skill that can carry over into other areas of life and it will also improve students’ confidence for years to come. That’s the reason why I like to offer my students a chance to perform a recital at one of the best concert spaces in San Diego, which is the Spreckels organ pavillion in Balboa Park, where children have the rare opportunity to perform in a profesional atmosphere.
- Tuition shall be paid one month in advance on the 1st of each month.
- Students are required to commit to at least one lesson per week (4-5 lessons per month).
- 24 Hour Cancellation/Rescheduling Policy (any notifications under 24 hours notice will result in the student forfeiting the lesson fee)* .There is no transfer of any portion of tuition from one month to another. *Make-up lessons are subject to instructor availability.
- Students are requested to have their own method books and other supplements, which can be supplied by the teacher and paid for by the student. (Method books and piano pieces will be assigned on an individual basis.)
- Student’s participation in concerts, recitals, competitions and other events is strongly encouraged but not required. There is a $75 off-premises performance fee for each student.
- For children under 10 years old, parents are required to be present on the premises at all times.
- Lessons are held at my studio or at the convenience of your home.
- Lessons are available in English and Spanish.
Weekly payments (price per lesson)
-45min // housecalls: $52 // $62
-1h // housecalls: $72 // $82
Monthly payments (price per month)
* This is for students who want a fixed weekly schedule (i.e. same day and time each week). Students are required to commit to at least one lesson per week (4-5 lessons per month).
-30min: $140 – $175 ($35 per lesson)
-45min // housecalls: $180 – $225 ($45 per lesson) // $220 – $275 ($55 per lesson)
-1h // housecalls: $260 – $325 ($65 per lesson) // $300 – $375 ($75 per lesson)
- Now get 20% off from August to December 2018!
Students who join now will get 20% off until December 2018. (Only for monthly payments):
-30min: $30 per lesson
-45min: $40 per lesson
-1h: $60 per lesson
Packages and discounts available! Please ask me.
*Packages available for families with 2 or more children taking piano lessons and/or students who want more than one lesson per week.
*Discounts available for Seniors (Age 60+).
*Free initial consultation/lesson for potential students
VERIFY REVIEWS OF MARIA TERESA STUDIO: